This hike is an easy walk at the base of the Hajar Mountains.
You will walk along the winding wadi and will see a vast (abandoned) village before making your way down to the dam.
Lovely stone houses and dry walls.
AT A GLIMPSE
Route: Return or Round Trip
Distance: 6km (return) or 15km (round trip)
Duration: 3 hours (return), or 7 hours (round trip)
Grade: easy (return trip), moderate (round trip)
Activities: easy path; if you walk in the wadi (down) there will be quite a lot of boulder hopping; if you follow the path above, it`s more flat
DIRECTIONS AND COORDINATES
1. RAK Airport roundabaout: N25° 37′ 18.93″ – E55° 56′ 38.66″
2. Khatt Springs Resort and Spa roundabout N25° 36′ 50.48″ E56° 00′ 24.43″
3. Car Park and Start walk: N 25° 40′ 12.95″ E56° 02′ 50.78″
4. Village (abandoned): N 25° 40′ 02.63″ E56 03′ 03.95″
5. End of hike (return point): N25° 39′ 29.14″ E56° 03′ 44.53″